Fill your lunch-box with these great lunch, morning tea and snack ideas.
The ingredient of Date crumble slice
- 2 cups dried pitted dates, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 185g butter, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cups plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
The instruction how to make Date crumble slice
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan-forced. Grease and line a 3cm deep, 20cm x 30cm (base) lamington pan.
- Combine dates and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until dates have absorbed liquid. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda over butter mixture. Stir until well combined. Add oats. Mix well. Press half the mixture into base of prepared pan. Spread date mixture over the top.
- Crumble remaining oat mixture over date mixture so dates are completely covered, pressing on with your fingertips. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden. Cut into slices. Serve warm or cold.
Nutritions of Date crumble slicefatContent: