This tasty haloumi and tomato tart is perfect for a light lunch or alfresco dining.
The ingredient of Haloumi, tomato and basil tart
- 1 sheet (25 x 25cm) ready-rolled frozen butter puff pastry, just thawed
- 85g (1/3 cup) bought basil pesto
- 4 small vine-ripened tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 x 240g pkt haloumi, thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Small fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Haloumi, tomato and basil tart
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Cut the pastry sheet into quarters. Cut a 5mm-wide strip from edges of each pastry sheet. Brush edges of pastry with a little water. Place pastry strips on the edges of pastry sheets to create a border. Place on prepared tray.
- Keeping within the border, spread the pesto evenly over the base of each pastry sheet. Arrange the tomato and haloumi over the bases. Drizzle with oil and season with pepper. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden. Remove from oven.
- Place tarts on a serving platter and sprinkle with basil leaves. Serve immediately with mixed salad leaves, if desired.
Nutritions of Haloumi, tomato and basil tartfatContent: 446.213 calories
saturatedFatContent: 32 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 15 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 22 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 17 grams protein