Crunchy and colourful, this substantial chicken salad makes a great lunch or dinner.
The ingredient of Chinese chicken salad with mandarins
- 1/3 cup (80ml) soy sauce, divided
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons ginger, very finely chopped peeled
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 Coles Australian RSPCA Approved Chicken Thigh Fillets (about 500g), trimmed
- 1/2 head wombok (about 335g), thinly sliced crossways
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (75g) cashews, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 2 mandarins, peeled, torn into segments
- Sesame tuiles (see notes), to serve
The instruction how to make Chinese chicken salad with mandarins
- In a bowl, whisk 1/4 cup (60ml) soy sauce, 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon sugar, lemon juice, ginger and sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate.
- Preheat grill. For easy cleanup, line a baking tray with foil and top with a wire rack. Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon sugar until sugar dissolves. Place chicken on prepared baking tray, brush with some sauce and place under grill. Grill for 6 mins. Turn chicken and brush with more sauce. Grill for 6 mins or until chicken is cooked through and glazed. Rest for 5 mins on a board. Thinly slice.
- In a large bowl, toss wombok, spinach, carrots, onions, cashews, chicken and dressing to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide salad among 4 plates. Garnish with mandarin and sesame tuiles.
Nutritions of Chinese chicken salad with mandarinsfatContent: 875.935 calories
saturatedFatContent: 66 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 19 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 33 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 19 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 35 grams protein