Theres no better way to appreciate a long Italian lunch than with this elegant starter.
The ingredient of Savoury gorgonzola cheesecake with barolo-poached figs
- 200g unsweetened oatmeal biscuits
- 2/3 cup (50g) finely grated parmesan
- 90g unsalted butter, melted
- 500g cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 250g gorgonzola dolce (see note)
- Barolo-poached figs (see related recipe), to serve
- Micro salad leaves (see note) or wild rocket, to garnish
The instruction how to make Savoury gorgonzola cheesecake with barolo-poached figs
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Grease and line base of a square 21cm springform pan (or use a round 24cm springform pan).
- Whiz the biscuits in a food processor until you have fine crumbs. Add grated parmesan and melted butter, then pulse to combine. Press the biscuit mixture evenly into the base of the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until firm and lightly golden, then allow to cool while you make the filling.
- Place the cream cheese in a food processor and whiz until it is very smooth. Add the eggs and gorgonzola and whiz until smooth and well combined. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over the cooled base, then bake for 25 minutes or until the edges are set and the centre has a slight wobble. Cool slightly, then run a knife around edge of the pan. Release the sides, keeping cake in the pan, and chill for at least 2 hours until firm and set.
- To serve, cut the cake into squares or slices, then garnish with Barolo-poached figs and micro salad leaves.
Nutritions of Savoury gorgonzola cheesecake with barolo-poached figsfatContent: 743.529 calories
saturatedFatContent: 59 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 36 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 25 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 23 grams protein
sodiumContent: 244 milligrams cholesterol