This light and lovely lunch idea is perfect for the hot summer months.
The ingredient of Cuttlefish with white-bean tabbouleh
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons burghul (cracked wheat)
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 cleaned cuttlefish tubes (300g total), halved, scored (see note)
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
The instruction how to make Cuttlefish with white-bean tabbouleh
- Finely chop tomatoes, then scrape into a bowl with any juices, beans and burghul. Stir, then set aside for about 30 minutes for the burghul to soak up the tomato juices and soften.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. In 2 batches, cook cuttlefish, stirring, for 2 minutes until opaque and beginning to turn golden.
- Add the parsley, cucumber and lemon juice to the bean mixture and toss to combine. Add the cuttlefish and any pan juices and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Divide among plates and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Cuttlefish with white-bean tabboulehfatContent: 197.175 calories
saturatedFatContent: 6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 0.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 17.4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 15.5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 119 milligrams cholesterol