Heres a healthy lunch-box idea that the kids will love to help make and eat.
The ingredient of Egg and nori rolls
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 8 eggs, at room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- 20g (1 tablespoon) butter
- 4 sheets sushi nori (roasted seaweed)
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into thick matchsticks
- 2 celery sticks, trimmed, cut into thick matchsticks
- 40g snow pea sprouts, stems trimmed
The instruction how to make Egg and nori rolls
- Whisk the soy sauce, wasabi and 60ml (1/4 cup) of the water in a small bowl until well combined. Cover and set aside until serving.
- Crack the eggs into a large jug and add the remaining water. Add salt and use a fork to whisk until well combined.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the butter in a 20cm non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat until foaming. Pour a quarter of egg mixture into pan and tilt pan until mixture covers base. As omelette begins to set, lift edge so uncooked egg runs underneath. Cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until omelette is set. Slide onto a large plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat in 3 more batches with remaining butter and egg mixture.
- Place the omelettes in a single layer on a clean surface. Top each with 1 nori sheet. Divide carrot, celery and snow pea sprouts among nori sheets, placing down the centre. Roll the omelette up tightly. Trim edges and cut the rolls in half. Arrange on a serving plate and serve with the wasabi mixture.
Nutritions of Egg and nori rollsfatContent: 214.861 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 3 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 17 grams protein