This tasty vegetable frittata is delicious for breakfast, brunch or lunch - any time really!
The ingredient of Chargrilled vegetable and ricotta frittata
- 750g (about 1 large) orange sweet potato (kumara), peeled, cut crossways into 1cm-thick slices
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- Olive oil, to grease
- 400g (about 3) zucchini, thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 600g fresh ricotta
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 x 250g containers sour extra light cream
- 150g Greek feta, crumbled
- 45g (1/4 cup) drained capers, chopped
- 1 3/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
The instruction how to make Chargrilled vegetable and ricotta frittata
- Cook the sweet potato in a medium saucepan of salted boiling water for 10 minutes or until almost tender. Use a slotted spoon to carefully transfer the sweet potato to a colander. Return the water to the boil. Add the spinach, stir and drain immediately. Refresh the spinach in cold water. Use your hands to squeeze any excess water from the spinach, then roughly chop.
- Brush a barbecue grill or chargrill with oil to grease and preheat on medium-high. Brush both sides of the sweet potato and zucchini with the 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook on preheated grill (you may need to cook in batches) for 3-4 minutes each side or until lightly charred and tender. Transfer to a large plate and set aside for 10 minutes or until cooled. Cut the sweet potato and zucchini into 1cm pieces.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Brush a 22.5 x 28.5cm (base measurement) lamington pan with oil to grease. Line the base with non-stick baking paper.
- Use electric beaters to beat the ricotta in a large bowl until smooth. Add the eggs and beat until well combined. Add the sweet potato, zucchini, spinach, 125g (1/2 cup) of the sour cream, feta, capers and 1 teaspoon of the cumin. Season with salt and pepper, and stir gently to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes or until just set and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- Meanwhile: combine the remaining sour cream and cumin in a bowl. Stir in the parsley. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Cover and place in the fridge until required.
- Cut the frittata into 36 squares. Place on a large serving plate or platter.
- To serve, top each frittata square with a spoonful of sour cream mixture and sprinkle with a little pepper.
Nutritions of Chargrilled vegetable and ricotta frittatafatContent: 89.386 calories
saturatedFatContent: 6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 5 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 39 milligrams cholesterol