Summer lunches are best enjoyed with a big bowl of fresh seafood pasta and a nice chilled glass of wine.
The ingredient of Pasta salad with roasted garlic pesto and prawns
- 400g penne rigate
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 6 garlic cloves, skin on
- 100g rocket leaves, plus extra to serve
- Zest and juice of 2 large lemons
- 1 cup (100g) grated parmesan
- 500g cooked prawns, peeled
- Extra lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Pasta salad with roasted garlic pesto and prawns
- Cook the penne according to packet instructions. Drain, toss in a little olive oil and refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 170u00b0C.
- Place garlic on a sheet of foil, drizzle with a little oil, wrap in foil and roast for 20 minutes. Cool slightly and squeeze cloves out of skins into the bowl of a food processor. Add rocket, the 1/2 cup oil and lemon juice, and process to combine. Transfer to a bowl, stir in parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the pasta in a large bowl with 4 tablespoons pesto (remaining pesto can be kept in the fridge for 2 days) and zest. Toss to combine and pile onto plates. Top with prawns and extra rocket and serve with lemon wedges. If desired, top salad with some remaining pesto, combined with good-quality mayonnaise.
Nutritions of Pasta salad with roasted garlic pesto and prawnsfatContent: 866.853 calories
saturatedFatContent: 40 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 71 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 52 grams protein
sodiumContent: 246 milligrams cholesterol