This colourful vegetarian pasta recipe is the ideal way to fill up for lunch or dinner. Plus, its perfect for leftovers.
The ingredient of Pasta with roast capsicum and breadcrumbs
- 4 red capsicums, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 4 yellow capsicums, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 125ml (1/2 cup) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 1/2 bunch fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 4 slices wood-fired bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 500g dried tagliatelle or ribbon pasta
The instruction how to make Pasta with roast capsicum and breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C.
- Place the capsicums, garlic, oil and thyme in a roasting pan. Cover with foil and roast for 1 hour (this can be done well ahead of time and may be kept covered in the fridge for 2-3 days).
- Place the bread in a food processor and whiz until fine crumbs are formed. Place on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly, then mix with the parmesan and parsley.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain and return to the pan. Add the breadcrumb mixture, the capsicums and their cooking juices and toss together. Season and serve drizzled with some extra olive oil and parmesan.
Nutritions of Pasta with roast capsicum and breadcrumbsfatContent: 585.072 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 73 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 16 grams protein
sodiumContent: 6 milligrams cholesterol