These fritters can be eaten hot or cold so are perfect to pack into kids lunch boxes or to have in the fridge as an after-school snack.
The ingredient of Sweet corn and ham fritters
- 2 large corn cobs, husk and silk removed
- 50g shaved lean leg ham, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 1/2 large avocado, finely diced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup fresh baby basil leaves
The instruction how to make Sweet corn and ham fritters
- Using a knife, cut corn kernels from cobs, keeping them in small chunks. Combine corn, ham, onion and flour in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add milk and egg. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Spoon 1/4 cup batter into pan. Spread out to form a flat round. Repeat to make 3 more fritters. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, each side, or until well browned (see notes). Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Cover loosely to keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture, adding extra oil if needed.
- Meanwhile, gently toss avocado, tomato and basil together. Serve fritters with avocado salsa.
Nutritions of Sweet corn and ham frittersfatContent: 381.444 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19.4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 36.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 12.4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 103 milligrams cholesterol