Add real zing to lamb with a preserved lemon marinade, then cook it on the barbie for a lunch youll remember for a long time.
The ingredient of Lamb with salsa verde
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 175g (1/2 cup) coarsely chopped preserved lemon rind
- 1 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 125ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 2 x 1kg lamb legs, boned, fat side scored
- 80ml (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups fresh continental parsley leaves
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons drained capers, rinsed
- 4 drained anchovy fillets
The instruction how to make Lamb with salsa verde
- Place the garlic, preserved lemon rind, parsley and oil in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a large ceramic or glass dish. Add the lamb and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours or overnight to marinate.
- Meanwhile, to make the salsa verde, place the oil, parsley, basil, mint, mustard, vinegar, capers and anchovies in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
- Preheat a barbecue grill on medium-high. Cook the lamb for 5 minutes or until lightly charred. Turn and cook for 40 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer the lamb to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest. Thinly slice across the grain. Divide among serving plates and top with the salsa verde. Serve with the potatoes with saffron aioli (see related recipe).
Nutritions of Lamb with salsa verdefatContent: 704.572 calories
saturatedFatContent: 53 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 15 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 2 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 53 grams protein
sodiumContent: 162 milligrams cholesterol