This vegetarian sandwich loaf is perfect for picnic lunches. Load up this loaf and enjoy the sunshine!
The ingredient of Vegetarian sandwich loaf
- 1 large sourdough loaf
- 1/2cup basil leaves
- 250g low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 450g jar peeled whole capsicum in brine, drained
- 280g jar artichoke hearts in brine, drained, thinly sliced
- 8 slices chargrilled eggplant (see note)
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- green salad, to serve
The instruction how to make Vegetarian sandwich loaf
- Cut a 1cm-thick slice from the top of loaf. Set aside. Scoop out soft bread from inside loaf (see tip), leaving 1cm-thick crust. Finely chop 1 tablespoon basil leaves. Beat chopped basil, ricotta, garlic and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Cut capsicum in half. Discard seeds. Place capsicum, artichokes and eggplant on a large baking tray. Pat dry with paper towel. Layer half the capsicum inside loaf. Top with half the artichokes, eggplant, tomato and remaining basil leaves. Spread with half the ricotta mixture. Repeat layers.
- Place reserved top on to filled loaf, pressing firmly to secure. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and foil. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove loaf from the fridge 30 minutes before serving. Cut into slices and serve with green salad.
Nutritions of Vegetarian sandwich loaffatContent: 316.436 calories
saturatedFatContent: 7.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 44.4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 14.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 2 milligrams cholesterol