Pikelets are delicious any time of day - breakfast, picnic lunch or even as an after dinner dessert.
The ingredient of Blueberry pikelets
- 115g (3/4 cup) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 50g (1/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 185ml (3/4 cup) milk
- 1 egg
- 40g (2 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 160ml (2/3 cup) thick cream
- 150g (1 punnet) blueberries
The instruction how to make Blueberry pikelets
- Sift flour, 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar together into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk milk and egg together in a jug. Add to flour mixture a little at a time and use a whisk to stir, gradually drawing in flour to make a smooth batter. Stir in 1/2 the melted butter, cover and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, use electric beaters to whip the cream, remaining nutmeg and sugar on low speed until just thick. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush with a little remaining butter. Add tablespoonsful of batter to pan. Cook for 1 minute or until almost set. Sprinkle 6 blueberries over each and cook for a further 1 minute. Turn and cook for 1-2 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining butter, batter and blueberries.
- Place 3 pikelets on each serving plate. Top with the flavoured cream and sprinkle with remaining blueberries.
Nutritions of Blueberry pikeletsfatContent: 435.697 calories
saturatedFatContent: 26 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 41 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 20 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 8 grams protein