Crunchy salad and succulent Thai-style chicken skewers make a healthy and satisfying summer lunch.
The ingredient of Chicken with satay sauce and salad
- 850g chicken mince
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- olive oil cooking spray
- 350ml bottle Thai satay sauce
- 120g small green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 small cabbage, trimmed, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled, grated
- 1 cup beansprouts, trimmed
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, quartered
The instruction how to make Chicken with satay sauce and salad
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Combine mince, onion, ginger, garlic and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Place on a large plate. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Thread 3 meatballs onto each skewer. Place on baking tray. Spray with oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile: heat satay sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes or until hot.
- Meanwhile: bring 3 cups water to the boil in a large, deep frying pan over high heat. Add beans. Cook for 2 minutes or until bright green. Remove with a slotted spoon. Refresh in cold water. Return water to the boil. Add cabbage. Cook, uncovered, for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Drain and refresh in cold water.
- Place beans, cabbage, carrot, beansprouts, egg and chicken skewers on plates. Serve with satay sauce.
Nutritions of Chicken with satay sauce and saladfatContent: