The perfect vegetarian lunch of kale and mint tabouli, served with ricotta, fetta cheese toasts.
The ingredient of Kale and mint tabouli
- 1/2 cup burghul (see notes), rinsed
- 350g fresh ricotta
- 150g feta, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 12 slices crusty bread, toasted
- 2 cups roughly chopped regular kale leaves (see notes)
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
The instruction how to make Kale and mint tabouli
- Place burghul in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 20 minutes or until softened. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain, pressing out excess water with the back of a spoon.
- Meanwhile, combine ricotta, fetta and lemon rind in a bowl. Spread one side of each piece of toast with ricotta mixture.
- Place burghul, kale, mint, tomato and onion in a bowl. Stir to combine. Drizzle oil and lemon juice over kale mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve tabouli with cheese toasts.
Nutritions of Kale and mint taboulifatContent: 526.517 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 64.3 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 20.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 27 milligrams cholesterol