Make this easy zucchini, mushroom and bacon slice on the weekend and enjoy it for lunch all week long.
The ingredient of Zucchini, mushroom and bacon slice
- 250g zucchini zoodles (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 250g Primo Rindless Short Cut Bacon, sliced
- 200g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 240g (1 cup) smooth ricotta
- 7 eggs
- 75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, plus extra sprigs
- 165g grated tasty cheese
The instruction how to make Zucchini, mushroom and bacon slice
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease and line the base and two sides of a 19cm x 29cm rectangular lamington tin with non-stick baking paper. Squeeze the excess moisture from the zucchini with paper towels and set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add bacon and cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes until lightly golden. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring for 4-5 minutes until golden and softened. Remove from heat and cool.
- Place ricotta in a large bowl. Add eggs one at a time, whisking after each addition until smooth. Whisk in flour and baking powder until combined. Stir in dill, half the cheese, bacon mixture and zoodles. Mix well. Pour mixture into prepared tin. Scatter over the remaining cheese. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until set. Cut into pieces. Can be served warm or cold.
Nutritions of Zucchini, mushroom and bacon slicefatContent: