The strong flavoured blue cheese and sweet caramelised onions are a perfect pairing for this lunch time tart.
The ingredient of Caramelised onion and blue cheese tarts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large (about 450g) brown onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 sheet (25 x 25cm) frozen ready rolled butter puff pastry (Pampas brand), just thawed
- 50g piece hard blue cheese (King Island Bass Strait brand), thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves
The instruction how to make Caramelised onion and blue cheese tarts
- Position an oven shelf on the top rack in the oven. Preheat oven to 230u00b0C. Line a baking tray with foil, shiny side down.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add onions and sugar, and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until caramelised. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, use a 10cm diameter cutter to cut 4 discs from the pastry sheet. Use a 9cm diameter cutter to indent each disc to create a border, but don?t cut all the way through. Place pastry discs, border-side up, on the lined tray.
- Place the onion mixture inside the border on each pastry disc. Top with the blue cheese and rosemary leaves. Bake on top shelf in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Caramelised onion and blue cheese tartsfatContent: 314.285 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 23 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 27 milligrams cholesterol