For a tasty lunch idea or a speedy dinner try this toasted sandwich; a fusion of cheese toastie and the classic Italian dish.
The ingredient of Saltimbocca toastie
- 4 (80g each) uncrumbed veal schnitzels
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 slices white sourdough bread, 1cm-thick
- Butter, for spreading
- 1/3 cup tomato chutney
- 120g fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1/2 cup semi-dried tomatoes
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 2 teaspoons oil, for frying
- 20g butter, for frying
The instruction how to make Saltimbocca toastie
- Season veal with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook veal for 30 seconds each side. Transfer to a plate. Cut in half crossways. Keep warm.
- Spread bread with butter. Place 4 slices, butter-side down, on a work surface. Spread with tomato chutney. Top with veal, mozzarella, semi-dried tomatoes and remaining bread, butter-side up. Top each with sage leaves. Wrap 2 pieces of prosciutto around each sandwich. Secure with toothpicks.
- Heat 2 tsp oil and 20g butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook for 2 minutes each side and 1 minute on each edge or until golden and crisp. Halve.
Nutritions of Saltimbocca toastiefatContent: 737.793 calories
saturatedFatContent: 31.9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 63.2 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5.8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 48.6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 141 milligrams cholesterol