This egg, nut and spinach salad makes for a hearty and healthy lunch when served with a wholemeal dinner roll.
The ingredient of Cashew, egg and spinach salad
- 6 eggs
- 80mls (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 100g (3/4 cup) cashews
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 200g baby spinach leaves, washed, dried
- 1/2 bunch watercress, trimmed, washed, dried
- 2 green shallots, trimmed, finely sliced
- 4 wholemeal dinner rolls, to serve
The instruction how to make Cashew, egg and spinach salad
- Place the eggs into a medium saucepan, cover with cold water and then bring to the boil over high heat. Boil for 5 minutes and then drain. Place the eggs under cold running water to cool. Peel the eggs and cut into halves.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the Olive oil in a medium frying pan over low heat. Add the cashews and cook, stirring constantly, for 4-5 minutes or until golden. Cool and then roughly chop.
- Combine the remaining olive oil, vinegar and salt and pepper to taste in a screw-top jar. Shake until well combined. Place the spinach, watercress, green shallots and cashews in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over and gently toss to combine.
- Place the salad on serving plates, top with the halved eggs and sprinkle with pepper. Serve with the bread rolls.
Nutritions of Cashew, egg and spinach saladfatContent: