And just like that, a side dish turns into your lunch.
The ingredient of Cucumber and broad bean salad with preserved lemon dressing
- 4 Lebanese cucumbers
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, halved lengthways, cut into thirds
- 2 cups frozen broad beans
- 1/2 cup plain reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped preserved lemon rind
- 1/2 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh dill sprigs
The instruction how to make Cucumber and broad bean salad with preserved lemon dressing
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel cucumbers lengthways into ribbons. Place cucumber in a sieve set over a bowl. Set aside for 30 minutes to drain.
- Meanwhile, place asparagus and beans in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 to 3 minutes or until asparagus is bright green and just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine yoghurt, garlic, 1/2 the preserved lemon and 1 tablespoon water in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Peel broad beans and discard skins. Place asparagus, beans, onion, mint, dill and remaining preserved lemon in a bowl. Toss to combine. Arrange cucumber and asparagus mixture on a serving platter (see notes). Drizzle with dressing. Serve.
Nutritions of Cucumber and broad bean salad with preserved lemon dressingfatContent: 64.53 calories
saturatedFatContent: 1.4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 0.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 5.5 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 5.2 grams protein
sodiumContent: 2 milligrams cholesterol