This beautiful tart will be the star attraction at your lunch function.
The ingredient of Goats cheese and rosemary tart with grape, celery & walnut salad
- 1 large shortcrust pastry sheet
- 300g soft goats cheese
- 3 eggs, plus 3 extra egg yolks
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 celery stalks, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup (60g) toasted walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups (350g) black grapes, chilled, halved
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil (see note) or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
The instruction how to make Goats cheese and rosemary tart with grape, celery & walnut salad
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C. Grease a 23cm loose-bottomed tart pan. Line the tart pan with pastry and trim off any excess. Prick base with a fork, then chill for 15 minutes.
- Line the tart pan with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or uncooked rice. Blind-bake for 10 minutes, then carefully remove the paper and beans or rice and bake for a further 5 minutes or until the pastry is lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, place the goats cheese, eggs and extra egg yolks in a food processor and process to combine. Add the cream and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then process to just combine. Pour the goats cheese mixture into the tart shell, then sprinkle with the rosemary leaves and bake for 30 minutes or until golden and set.
- Meanwhile, place the celery, nuts, chilled grapes, torn parsley leaves, oil and vinegar in a bowl. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss to combine.
- Serve the tart warm or at room temperature with the grape, celery and walnut salad.
Nutritions of Goats cheese and rosemary tart with grape, celery & walnut saladfatContent: 689.037 calories
saturatedFatContent: 56 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 26 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 27 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 14 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 19 grams protein