This vegetarian recipe is great as a side dish or work lunch.
The ingredient of Lebanese rice with lentils and toasted cauliflower
- 1/2 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 brown onions
- 1 1/2 cups white long-grain rice
- 2 1/2 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 400g can lentils, drained, rinsed
- 20g butter
- 1 cup plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Lebanese rice with lentils and toasted cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced. Place cauliflower, sumac and 2 teaspoons oil in a roasting dish. Toss to coat. Season. Roast for 20 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, finely chop 1 onion. Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add rice. Stir. Add stock and lentils. Season. Bring to the boil. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice remaining onions. Heat butter and remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden and caramelised. Combine yoghurt and garlic in a small bowl. Season.
- Fluff rice with fork. Add cauliflower mixture and coriander. Gently toss to combine. Transfer to large serving plate. Top with caramelised onion and coriander leaves. Serve with garlic yoghurt.
Nutritions of Lebanese rice with lentils and toasted cauliflowerfatContent: 555.436 calories
saturatedFatContent: 16 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 82 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 14 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 16 grams protein
sodiumContent: 21 milligrams cholesterol