Here is a tasty lunch idea - crunchy chicken schnitzel and mayonnaise in a fresh, crusty baguette.
The ingredient of Chicken schnitzel rolls
- 4 (about 250g each) single chicken breast fillets
- 70g (1 cup) fresh breadcrumbs (made from day-old bread)
- 45g (1/2 cup) cornflake crumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Olive oil, to shallow fry
- 1 large baguette (French stick), to serve
- 85g (1/3 cup) good-quality whole-egg mayonnaise, to serve
- 4 butter lettuce leaves, washed, dried, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken schnitzel rolls
- Place 1 chicken fillet between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Use the flat side of a meat mallet to gently pound until the chicken is about 5mm thick. Repeat with remaining chicken fillets.
- Combine breadcrumbs, cornflake crumbs, parsley and thyme in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Place flour and egg in separate bowls. Coat chicken with flour and shake off any excess. Dip chicken in the egg mixture, then the breadcrumb mixture, pressing firmly to coat. (To freeze, see note.)
- Add enough oil to a large frying pan to reach a depth of 1cm and heat over medium-high heat. Add 2 chicken schnitzels and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden brown and just cooked through. Drain on paper towel. Repeat with remaining chicken. Thickly slice schnitzels across the grain.
- Use a serrated knife to cut baguette crossways into 4 equal portions. Split each portion in half lengthways. Top bases with lettuce leaves and schnitzel slices, then drizzle with mayonnaise. Top with remaining baguette halves.
Nutritions of Chicken schnitzel rollsfatContent: 1200.736 calories
saturatedFatContent: 61 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 86 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 75 grams protein