These delightful scrolls are the perfect size for school lunch-boxes.
The ingredient of Ham and tomato cheese scrolls
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 30g butter, chilled, chopped
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 100g shaved ham, chopped
The instruction how to make Ham and tomato cheese scrolls
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Sift flour into a large bowl. Add butter. Using your fingertips, rub butter into flour until combined. Make a well in the centre.
- Pour milk into well. Using a flat-bladed knife, stir until mixture is almost combined. Using your hands, bring dough together into a ball. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Gently knead dough until almost smooth. Using a rolling pin, roll dough out to a 24cm x 36cm rectangle.
- Spread pasta sauce over dough, leaving a 3cm border along both long edges. Sprinkle cheese and ham over sauce. Roll up dough firmly like a Swiss roll. Cut into 12 slices. Arrange scrolls close together on prepared tray, ensuring join is turned inwards so scrolls dont unroll while cooking. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until light golden and cooked through. Serve.
Nutritions of Ham and tomato cheese scrollsfatContent: