This tuna rice salad makes for a healthy and delicious mid week lunch recipe. See notes section for FODMAP diet tips.
The ingredient of Tuna rice salad
- 250g Uncle Bensu00ae Microwave Brown Rice
- 1 cup doongara clever rice
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 Moraitis gourmet tomatoes, diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 x 185g cans tuna in springwater
- 2 large lemons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
The instruction how to make Tuna rice salad
- Cook brown rice following packet directions. Spread on a tray and set aside to cool. Place doongara rice and 1 1/2 cups cold water in a saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove pan from heat and add peas. Cover and stand for 5 minutes. Drain rice and peas. Refresh in cold water. Set aside to cool.
- Combine brown and white rice, peas, tomatoes and green onions in a large bowl. Drain tuna and flake into large chunks. Add to salad and toss gently to combine.
- Juice 1 lemon. Cut remaining lemon into wedges. Combine 1/4 cup lemon juice, oil and salt and pepper in a screw-top jar. Secure lid and shake to combine. Pour over salad and toss gently to coat. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Tuna rice saladfatContent: 354.676 calories
saturatedFatContent: 6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 65 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 7 grams protein