Try a taste of Mexican for breakfast, lunch or dinner with gluten-free huevos rancheros with beans.
The ingredient of Gluten-free huevos rancheros with beans
- 2 teaspoons Coles brand olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (made with salt-reduced gluten-free stock cubes)
- 1 teaspoon chopped red chilli
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 400g can no-added-salt red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Olive oil spray
- 8 corn tortillas
- 4 Coles brand free range eggs
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- Chilli powder (optional), to serve
The instruction how to make Gluten-free huevos rancheros with beans
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and capsicum. Cook for 5 mins or until soft. Add cumin and cook, stirring, for 30 secs. Stir in tomato, stock, chilli and oregano. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 mins or until the sauce reduces and thickens. Stir in the beans. Season.
- Meanwhile, heat a small frying pan over medium heat. Spray the tortillas with oil. Cook for 2 mins each side or until golden and crisp.
- Spray the pan with more oil and heat over medium heat. Fry eggs until cooked to your liking. Place a tortilla on each plate. Spoon over the tomato mixture. Top with the eggs and avocado. Sprinkle with coriander and a little chilli powder.
Nutritions of Gluten-free huevos rancheros with beansfatContent: 414.904 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 61.6 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8.9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 17.8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 164 milligrams cholesterol