These gourmet ham steak sandwiches will impress your lunch guests.
The ingredient of Mustard ham and pineapple sandwiches
- Olive oil, for greasing
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (MasterFoods brand)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (about 600g) ham steaks
- Salt & ground black pepper
- 4 lcm-thick slices (about 1/2 small) fresh pineapple, peeled, halved
- 8 lcm-thick, diagonally cut slices ciabatta bread
- 8 butter lettuce leaves, washed, trimmed
- 50g snow pea sprouts
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Extra Dijon mustard (optional), to serve
The instruction how to make Mustard ham and pineapple sandwiches
- Brush a chargrill with olive oil to lightly grease and preheat on medium-high.
- Combine the mustard, brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a small bowl. Brush the ham steaks on both sides with the mustard mixture and cook on the preheated chargrill for 2 minutes on each side or until heated through. Halve the ham steaks, season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Cook the pineapple slices on the preheated chargrill for 2 minutes on each side or until just wanned through. Toast or chargrill the sliced bread until golden. Top each slice of toasted bread with butter lettuce, snow pea sprouts, a warm ham steak, a pineapple slice and red onion. Serve with extra Dijon mustard, if desired.
Nutritions of Mustard ham and pineapple sandwichesfatContent: 486.843 calories
saturatedFatContent: 18 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 48 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 19 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 30 grams protein