Ease into the week with a simple pasta bake for dinner that can also be packed into lunch boxes for school or work.
The ingredient of Pumpkin and spinach pasta bake
- 200g tortiglioni or penne rigate
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 600g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 50g parmesan cheese or vegetarian hard cheese, grated
- 250g packet frozen chopped spinach, thawed
The instruction how to make Pumpkin and spinach pasta bake
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Grease an 8-cup capacity, 6cm-deep, 20cm (base) square baking dish.
- Using a mortar and pestle, pound coriander seeds until crushed. Place pumpkin on prepared tray. Lightly spray with oil and sprinkle with coriander. Season with salt and pepper. Roast, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until just tender. Remove from oven. Reduce oven to 180u00b0C.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Combine ricotta, egg and parmesan in a large bowl. Squeeze excess moisture from spinach. Stir spinach, pasta and pumpkin into ricotta mixture.
- Spoon mixture into dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set in centre. Allow to cool completely. Cut into 4 pieces.
Nutritions of Pumpkin and spinach pasta bakefatContent: 402.954 calories
saturatedFatContent: 12 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 48 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 11 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 22 grams protein
sodiumContent: 90 milligrams cholesterol