This quick and easy take on the classic salad nicoise is just the thing for lunch on the run.
The ingredient of Grilled vegetable salad nicoise
- 6 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, cut lengthways into 1cm-thick slices
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- olive oil cooking spray
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 175g green beans, trimmed, chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives or black olives
- 2 x 185g cans tuna in brine, well drained, flaked
- lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Grilled vegetable salad nicoise
- Preheat grill on high heat. Place tomatoes, onion and capsicum onto grill tray. Sprinkle with garlic, and salt and pepper. Spray with oil. Grill vegetables, turning, for 8 minutes or until tender.
- Place eggs into a saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 6 minutes. Cool under cold water. Peel eggs. Cut into quarters, lengthways.
- Cook beans in a saucepan of boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes or until just crisp. Refresh in cold water. Drain well.
- Arrange vegetables, beans, olives, tuna and eggs in bowls. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with lemon juice. Serve.
Nutritions of Grilled vegetable salad nicoisefatContent: 250.711 calories
saturatedFatContent: 8.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 13.6 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 26.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 219 milligrams cholesterol