Here is a traditional favourite that is quick and easy to make - perfect for lunch this arvo.
The ingredient of Egg and chips
- 3 desiree potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 free-range eggs
- 4 mignonette lettuce leaves
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic, bruised
The instruction how to make Egg and chips
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C.
- Stack the potato slices into 12 piles and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle each stack with a little oil and season with salt. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cooked.
- Fill a shallow saucepan with water, bring to a simmer, then add the vinegar. Make a whirlpool using a spoon and crack the first egg in, then the second. Cook for 3 minutes or until eggwhite is just set. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon, and cover with foil to keep warm while you repeat this process for the remaining eggs.
- To make the dressing, whisk together all the ingredients until combined. To serve, place a lettuce leaf on each plate. Top with potato, tomato and a poached egg, then drizzle with the dressing.
Nutritions of Egg and chipsfatContent: 370.45 calories
saturatedFatContent: 33 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 11 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 9 grams protein