Low in carbs and high in flavour, this tasty recipe is a delicious lunch idea.
The ingredient of Chorizo sausage with corn salsa and avocado
- 1 x 500g pkt polka dot corn cobs, husks and silk removed
- 1 red onion, halved, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup loosely packed coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, stone removed, peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra light sour cream (Pauls brand)
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 chorizo sausages, thickly sliced diagonally
The instruction how to make Chorizo sausage with corn salsa and avocado
- Use a small sharp knife to cut down the length of the corn cob close to the core to remove the kernels. Cook corn in a steamer basket over a saucepan of boiling water for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Refresh under cold running water. Place in a medium bowl. Add onion and coriander, and gently toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, use a fork to mash the avocado and sour cream together in a bowl until coarsely mashed. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown and heated through. Remove from heat.
- Spoon the corn salsa among serving plates. Top with the chorizo sausage
Nutritions of Chorizo sausage with corn salsa and avocadofatContent: 611.84 calories
saturatedFatContent: 49 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 17 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 12 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 28 grams protein