Tender chicken breasts are given a Mediterranean twist in these hearty lunch wraps.
The ingredient of Chicken wraps with tomato salsa
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Lebanese bread (30cm diameter)
- 1 200g container bought hummus
- 1 250g container bought tzatziki
- 125ml (1/2 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
The instruction how to make Chicken wraps with tomato salsa
- To make the marinade, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, thyme and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, to make the tomato salsa, combine the tomatoes, onion and mint in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Drain the chicken and add to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Cut into 1cm-thick slices.
- Place 1 Lebanese bread in the frying pan and cook over medium heat for 30 seconds each side to warm through. Remove from the pan and spread with some hummus. Place some chicken slices in a row down the centre and top with some tomato salsa and tzatziki. Roll up and secure half the roll with greaseproof paper or foil. Repeat with the remaining Lebanese bread, hummus, chicken slices, tomato salsa and tzatziki. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Chicken wraps with tomato salsafatContent: 522.215 calories
saturatedFatContent: 18 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 49 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 12 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 38 grams protein