This light and healthy couscous salad makes a delicious summer days lunch.
The ingredient of Couscous and grilled vegetable salad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 baby beetroot, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 large zucchini, sliced diagonally
- 300g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3mm-thick slices
- 400g couscous
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup (75g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 50g shredded baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
The instruction how to make Couscous and grilled vegetable salad
- Heat a barbecue hot plate to medium heat. Place half the oil in a bowl, add the beetroot and toss to coat evenly. Place the remaining oil in a separate bowl, add the zucchini and sweet potato and toss to coat evenly. Place the beetroot on the hot plate and cook for 5-6 minutes, turning regularly. Add the sweet potato and zucchini, and cook for a further 6-8 minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to packet instructions. Set aside. Mash the chickpeas with a potato masher until smooth. Stir through the mayonnaise, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon warm water.
- Toss the grilled vegetables and baby spinach through the couscous. Top with pistachios and serve immediately, or refrigerate, along with the chickpea mixture, until needed.
Nutritions of Couscous and grilled vegetable saladfatContent: 679.477 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 99 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 11 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 19 grams protein
sodiumContent: 6 milligrams cholesterol