Asparagus and spinach with walnut vinaigrette makes a fast and fresh lunch idea.
The ingredient of Asparagus, beetroot, spinach and walnut salad
- 4 bunches baby beetroot
- 185mls (3/4 cup) olive oil
- 125g (1 1/4 cups) walnuts
- 4 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 240g baby spinach, washed, drained
- 300g goats cheese, cut into 5mm-thick slices
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
The instruction how to make Asparagus, beetroot, spinach and walnut salad
- Trim beetroot stalks, leaving about 3cm still attached to the bulbs. Wash 50g of the beetroot leaves, drain well and reserve.
- Place beetroot in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-high and cook for 15 minutes or until tender when tested with a skewer. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the walnuts, reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove the walnuts from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel. Reserve oil for the vinaigrette.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the asparagus and cook for 2 minutes or until tender crisp. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Drain well.
- Peel the beetroot. Shred reserved beetroot leaves. Mix the baby spinach with the beetroot leaves in a bowl.
- To make the walnut vinaigrette, place the balsamic vinegar in a mixing bowl and gradually whisk in the reserved oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide the baby spinach and shredded beetroot leaves among individual serving plates. Arrange the beetroot, asparagus and goats cheese on top. Sprinkle with the toasted walnuts and drizzle with the walnut vinaigrette.
- Serve accompanied by the garlic pitta bread with rosemary.
Nutritions of Asparagus, beetroot, spinach and walnut saladfatContent: