Fill your lunch-box with these great lunch, morning tea and snack ideas.
The ingredient of Macadamia and fig slice
- 190g (1 cup) chopped dried figs
- 125mls (1/2 cup) water
- 220g (1 cup) sugar
- 125g butter, cubed
- 100g (1/4 cup) honey
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 450g (3 cups) plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 75g (1/2 cup) unsalted macadamia nuts, chopped
The instruction how to make Macadamia and fig slice
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the figs, water and 110g (1/2 cup) of the sugar in a small Saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally until the figs have softened and the water has almost been absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the remaining sugar, butter and honey in a food processor and process until combined. Add the egg and process until just combined, scraping down the sides when necessary. Add the flour and baking powder and process briefly until the dough just forms a ball.
- Remove dough from the processor and divide it in half. Place each portion of the dough onto a large sheet of non- stick baking paper. Roll out both portions with a rolling pin to about 5mm thick to form two 20 x 25cm rectangles, Place l of the pastry sheets on the lined tray. Combine theu00c2u00b7 macadamia nuts with the fig mixture and then spread evenly over the pastry on the baking tray. Place the second piece of pastry over the fig mixture. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cut into slices before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Nutritions of Macadamia and fig slicefatContent: