This popular bruschetta recipe made with cheese and pesto is perfect for brunch, lunch, or as an appetiser.
The ingredient of Roast tomato & pesto bruschetta
- 4 Roma tomatoes, halved lengthways
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 150g South Cape Persian feta, drained
- 150g fresh ricotta
- 2 tablespoons Leggos basil pesto
- 2 teaspoons buttermilk
- Vienna loaf
The instruction how to make Roast tomato & pesto bruschetta
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the tomato halves, cut side-up, on the tray. Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with the oil. Roast for 45 minutes or until soft and slightly golden. Set aside at room temperature to cool slightly.
- Place the feta and ricotta in a small bowl. Use a fork to mash together. Beat with a wooden spoon until creamy and well combined.
- Mix the pesto and buttermilk in a small bowl.
- Cut 8 x 1cm thick slices of the vienna bread and toast. Spread the toasted bread with the cheese mixture, top each slice with a tomato and drizzle with the pesto dressing.
Nutritions of Roast tomato & pesto bruschettafatContent: 555.197 calories
saturatedFatContent: 17 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 74 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 24 grams protein
sodiumContent: 41 milligrams cholesterol