Heres a healthy, delicious moveable lunch for busy kids on the go in summer!
The ingredient of Roast pork, apple and lettuce mini subs
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled, cored, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons redcurrant jelly
- 4 mini oval bread rolls
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat margarine spread
- 4 baby cos lettuce leaves
- 175g leftover roast pork, sliced
The instruction how to make Roast pork, apple and lettuce mini subs
- Place apple and 2 tablespoons cold water in a saucepan. Cover. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until apple is just tender. Stir in redcurrant jelly. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until apple is very tender. Set aside to cool.
- Using a serrated knife, cut rolls along the top (dont cut all the way through). Lightly spread cut sides of rolls with margarine. Place 1 lettuce leaf in each roll. Top with pork and apple mixture. Wrap each roll in plastic wrap. Place in an airtight container. Refrigerate.
Nutritions of Roast pork, apple and lettuce mini subsfatContent: 298.989 calories
saturatedFatContent: 8.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 38.2 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 16 grams protein
sodiumContent: 35 milligrams cholesterol