Here is a tasty vegetarian lunch idea that the whole family will love.
The ingredient of Chickpea and sweet potato cakes
- 500g orange sweet potato (kumara), peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan or vegetarian hard cheese
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- Finely grated parmesan or vegetarian hard cheese, extra, to coat
- Olive oil spray
- Mixed lettuce leaves, to serve
- Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
The instruction how to make Chickpea and sweet potato cakes
- Cook the sweet potato in a saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to the pan. Mash until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Mash the chickpeas in a bowl.
- Add the chickpeas, onion, coriander, parmesan and flour to the sweet potato and combine. Season with pepper. Divide the mixture into 10 portions and shape each portion into a patty.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place extra parmesan on a plate. Press patties in parmesan to coat. Place on the lined tray. Spray with olive oil spray. Bake in oven, turning once, for 30 minutes or until golden. Divide among serving plates. Serve with lettuce and sweet chilli sauce.
Nutritions of Chickpea and sweet potato cakesfatContent: 87.235 calories
saturatedFatContent: 2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 0.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 13 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 4.5 grams protein