This lunch idea is so simple to make that the kids can do most of the work.
The ingredient of Chicken souvlaki with lentil salad
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 3/4 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 medium (about 130g each) green zucchini, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 500g chicken tenderloins
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh continental parsley
- 4 wholemeal pita pockets
The instruction how to make Chicken souvlaki with lentil salad
- Preheat grill on high. Combine lemon juice, oil and garlic in a bowl. Thread onion, zucchini and chicken on skewers. Brush with lemon oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook under grill, about 6cm from heat source, for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Grill pita bread for 30 seconds each side.
- Kids task: Meanwhile, combine lentils, tomato and parsley in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Place pita on plates. Top with salad and chicken souvlaki to serve.
Nutritions of Chicken souvlaki with lentil saladfatContent: 456.729 calories
saturatedFatContent: 11 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 44 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 40 grams protein
sodiumContent: 74 milligrams cholesterol