This light and lovely spinach and ricotta frittata is delicious for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
The ingredient of Ricotta & spinach frittata
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 spring onions, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bunch English spinach, stems trimmed, washed, dried, coarsely chopped
- 125g (1/2 cup) smooth light ricotta
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 thick slices wholegrain bread, toasted, halved
The instruction how to make Ricotta & spinach frittata
- Preheat grill on high. Heat the oil in a 26cm-diameter (top measurement) non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the spring onion and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add half the spinach and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until spinach just wilts. Add the remaining spinach and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until just wilted. Remove from heat.
- Whisk the ricotta, eggs and dill together in a large bowl. Season with pepper. Add the spinach mixture and stir to combine. Pour the egg mixture into the frying pan and place over medium-low heat. Cook for 5 minutes or until frittata is just set around the edge but still runny in the centre.
- Cook under preheated grill, about 6cm from the heat source, for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and just set. Remove from grill.
- Turn the frittata onto a heatproof plate and cut into 8 wedges. Divide frittata wedges among serving plates and serve immediately with toast.
Nutritions of Ricotta & spinach frittatafatContent: 265.529 calories
saturatedFatContent: 12 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 18 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 19 grams protein
sodiumContent: 287 milligrams cholesterol