These gluten-free kingfish skewers make a light and lovely lunch.
The ingredient of Kingfish skewers with chargrilled tomatoes and chillies (gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 5-6 parsley sprigs, leaves roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 800g skinless kingfish fillets, pinboned, cut into 3cm cubes
- 3 long red chillies
- 3 long green chillies
- 250g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
The instruction how to make Kingfish skewers with chargrilled tomatoes and chillies (gluten-free)
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for 10 minutes. Combine juice, parsley, dried chilli, 2 teaspoons oil and fish in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes, then thread onto skewers.
- Meanwhile, toss chillies and tomatoes in remaining olive oil. Heat an oiled chargrill or barbecue over medium-high heat. When hot, cook chillies for 10 minutes, turning to blacken. The skin should pop and crack open. Cut open each chilli down one side and remove seeds (unless you like it really spicy).
- Add the kingfish skewers to the chargrill or barbecue and cook for 6-8 minutes, turning once, or until just cooked. Add the tomatoes and cook for the final 5 minutes, or until softened and lightly charred.
- Serve 2 skewers per person with chargrilled tomatoes and chillies.
Nutritions of Kingfish skewers with chargrilled tomatoes and chillies (gluten-free)fatContent: 296.36 calories
saturatedFatContent: 11.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 3.1 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 42.6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 126 milligrams cholesterol