This beautiful roast pumpkin and ricotta ravioli is ideal for lunch or dinner.
The ingredient of Roast pumpkin and ricotta ravioli
- 1/2 small (about 750g) butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 100g ricotta, crumbled
- 1 egg, separated
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 4 (180g) fresh lasagne sheets (see tip)
- 60g butter
- 1/3 cup sage leaves
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan (or vegetarian hard cheese)
- Coles brand Australian extra virgin olive oil spray
The instruction how to make Roast pumpkin and ricotta ravioli
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C or 180u00b0C fan. Spread pumpkin over a lined tray. Spray with oil. Roast for 30 mins or until tender and golden. Cool. Roast the walnuts on a tray for 4 mins or until toasted. Cool, then chop.
- Mash the pumpkin in a bowl. Stir in the ricotta, egg yolk and nutmeg. Season.
- Lightly whisk egg white in a bowl. Cut each lasagne sheet into thirds crossways, then halve each piece crossways to make 24 pieces. Lay out 12 pieces on a clean work surface. Divide filling between the pieces, making a flat 4cm-wide pile in the centre of each. Brush the edges with egg white. Place remaining pieces on top, expelling as much air as possible. Press to seal.
- Bring a large deep frying pan of water to the boil over high heat. Cook the ravioli, in 3-4 batches, for 5-6 mins or until tender. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a tray lined with baking paper and cover loosely with foil.
- Cook the butter in a frying pan over medium heat for 2 mins or until just starting to brown. Add the sage and cook for a further 30 secs or until the butter browns. Divide the ravioli among dishes. Drizzle with the butter mixture. Sprinkle with walnuts and parmesan.
Nutritions of Roast pumpkin and ricotta raviolifatContent: