If you have the same lunch every day, or the kids sandwiches keep coming back, take heart. With this new idea, lunch will never be the same again!
The ingredient of Bacon, leek and cheese mini muffins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 short-cut bacon rashers, finely chopped*
- 1 leek, halved, washed, dried, finely chopped
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/4 cup coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup extra light olive oil
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 eggs
The instruction how to make Bacon, leek and cheese mini muffins
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Lightly grease a 12 x 1 1/2-tablespoon (30ml) capacity mini muffin pan.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon and leek. Cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until leek is soft and bacon is crisp. Drain. Allow to cool.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Stir in sugar, cheese and bacon mixture. Whisk milk, oil, sour cream, eggs and pepper in a jug. Add to dry ingredients. Use a metal spoon to combine.
- Spoon mixture into muffin holes to almost fill them. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Stand for 5 minutes in pan before turning onto a wire rack. Repeat with remaining mixture. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritions of Bacon, leek and cheese mini muffinsfatContent: