Turn leftover Christmas ham into this lovely light lunch or brunch dish.
The ingredient of Corn and ham fritters with roasted cherry tomatoes
- 250g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 1 cup (180g) finely chopped leg ham
- 420g can corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Sunflower oil, to shallow-fry
- Rocket, to serve
- Sour cream, to serve
- Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
The instruction how to make Corn and ham fritters with roasted cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C. Place the tomatoes on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in the oven for 5 minutes or until starting to split.
- Meanwhile, sift flour, baking powder and 1 teaspoon salt into a bowl with the sugar. Beat the egg and milk in a jug until well combined. Add to the flour, then stir until you have a smooth batter. Add the ham, corn, capsicum, spring onion and chives, then stir to combine. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat 2cm sunflower oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. Using a heaped tablespoon of batter for each fritter, add 3-4 spoonfuls to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes each side until golden. Keep warm while you repeat to make 12 fritters in total. Serve with the tomatoes, rocket, sour cream and chilli sauce.
Nutritions of Corn and ham fritters with roasted cherry tomatoesfatContent: 483.258 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 47 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 11 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 26 grams protein