Keep lunch simple with a potato and smoked salmon dressing thats filling and nutritious.
The ingredient of Potato & smoked salmon salad with lemon dressing
- 1 kg chat (small) potatoes, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 4 eggs
- 100g sliced smoked salmon, cut into thick strips
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Lemon wedges, to garnish (optional)
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
The instruction how to make Potato & smoked salmon salad with lemon dressing
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the whole eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Peel the eggs and cut into quarters. Set aside.
- To make the lemon dressing, place the olive oil, lemon juice, wholegrain mustard, salt and pepper in a small jug. Use a fork to whisk until well combined.
- Place the cooled potatoes in a large bowl. Add the eggs, salmon, chives, dill and lemon dressing and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately garnished with lemon wedges, if desired.
Nutritions of Potato & smoked salmon salad with lemon dressingfatContent: 264.095 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 21 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 13 grams protein
sodiumContent: 153 milligrams cholesterol