Escape the hustle and bustle with this relaxed lunch idea that will satisfy your tastebuds.
The ingredient of Char siu chicken salad
- 1/4 cup (60ml) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) hoi sin sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 3 tablespoons honey, plus 2 teaspoons extra
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 4 small chicken breast fillets (preferably organic)
- 2 red capsicums, quartered
- 40g shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 1/4 cup (60ml) orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 200g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 3 cups micro salad leaves (see note) or watercress sprigs
The instruction how to make Char siu chicken salad
- Combine the sauces, honey, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and five-spice in a non-metallic container. Add the chicken and turn to coat in the mixture. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to high and oven to 180u00b0C. Line a tray with baking paper.
- Grill the capsicum, skin-side up, for 3-4 minutes until skin blisters and blackens. Place capsicum in a plastic bag and set aside for 10-15 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, remove and discard skin, then slice into 2cm strips. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the chicken on the tray, reserving marinade. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Turn chicken and add shiitakes to the tray, drizzle with a little extra olive oil and bake for a further 8-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked and mushrooms are tender. Cool.
- Place 1/2 cup (125ml) reserved marinade in a saucepan with the olive oil, orange juice, lime juice and extra honey. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced and thickened. Cool dressing completely.
- When ready to serve, slice the cooled chicken and toss in a large bowl with the mushrooms, peas, capsicum and salad leaves. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Nutritions of Char siu chicken saladfatContent: 422.074 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 25 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 20 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 47 grams protein