This frittata is good hot or cold – its great for a picnic lunch or take the leftovers to work.
The ingredient of Meatball frittata
- 300g lean beef mince
- 1 small brown onion, grated
- 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup chargrilled red capsicum, cut into strips
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Meatball frittata
- Combine mince, onion and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on a plate. Cover. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a 22cm (base) flameproof, ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Add meatballs. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, turning, or until browned all over.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs and milk in a bowl. Stir in basil and 1/4 cup parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill on medium. Pour egg mixture over meatball mixture in pan. Sprinkle with capsicum. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until base is set. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan. Transfer to grill. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes or until frittata is set. Cut into wedges. Serve with beans and bread.
Nutritions of Meatball frittatafatContent: 521.259 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8.4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 35.4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 38.5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 424 milligrams cholesterol