Escape the hustle and bustle with this exotic lunch idea that will satisfy your tastebuds.
The ingredient of Prawn skewers with chilli lime salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated palm sugar (see note)
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, chopped
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 36 green prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
- 2 teaspoons dried chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (4 tablespoons) fried Asian shallots (see note)
- Extra lime halves, to serve
The instruction how to make Prawn skewers with chilli lime salt
- Soak 12 bamboo skewers or disposable wooden chopsticks in cold water for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine the oil, lime juice, fish sauce, palm sugar, fresh chilli, ginger and garlic in a large bowl. Add the prawns, toss to coat in mixture, then cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue on medium-high heat.
- Place the chilli flakes, caster sugar, fried shallots, lime zest and 1 tablespoon sea salt in a small food processor and whiz to combine, or grind together in a mortar and pestle to form a coarse powder.
- Thread 3 prawns onto each skewer and grill for 2 minutes each side or until just cooked. Serve with chilli lime salt to sprinkle and lime halves to squeeze.
Nutritions of Prawn skewers with chilli lime saltfatContent: 176.621 calories
saturatedFatContent: 6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 11 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 19 grams protein