These quick and tasty rolls are perfect for the lunch box or a certified after-school hit.
The ingredient of Cheesy rolls
- 2 1/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 50g butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup grated tasty cheese
- 40g leg ham, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 3/4 cups milk
- extra butter, to serve
The instruction how to make Cheesy rolls
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Lightly grease a large baking tray. Sift 2 cups of flour and the salt together into a large bowl. Add butter. Using your fingertips, rub butter into flour until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add cheese, ham and parsley. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Pour milk into well. Using a flat-bladed knife, stir until mixture starts to come together (dont overmix, or rolls will turn out tough).
- Sprinkle a little of the remaining flour over the workbench. Turn dough out onto bench and knead gently until dough comes together. Shape into a 20cm disc. Divide dough into 6 pieces and pull apart. Roll each piece into a ball.
- Place on prepared tray, allowing room for spreading. Sprinkle lightly with remaining flour. Using the knife, score a 1cm-deep cross on roll tops. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden (rolls should sound hollow when tapped on base). Serve warm with butter.
Nutritions of Cheesy rollsfatContent: