Layers of ham, cheese and veggies make for a tasty lunch time meal.
The ingredient of Layered ham and cheese pie
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 125g butter, chilled, cubed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 2cm strips
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 150g sliced ham
- 125g grated tasty cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 300g carton light sour cream
The instruction how to make Layered ham and cheese pie
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Grease and line a 20cm (base) springform cake pan.
- Process flour and butter in a food processor until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add water. Process to a soft pastry. Remove pastry and knead lightly. Place between 2 sheets of baking paper. Roll out to a 23cm circle. Use pastry to line base and half-way up sides of pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill on high. Grill zucchini, capsicum and asparagus for 2 to 3 minutes each side, or until tender. Cool.
- Layer ham, cheese and vegetables over pastry. Combine eggs, sour cream, and salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables.
- Place cake pan onto a baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 190u00b0C. Bake a further 50 to 60 minutes, or until firm. Serve with dressed salad.
Nutritions of Layered ham and cheese piefatContent: 569.776 calories
saturatedFatContent: 40 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 24 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 30 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 21 grams protein
sodiumContent: 250 milligrams cholesterol